RadioOS Prime is a software for wireless, point-to-point data transmission using single 802.11a radio. It
may be used with dedicated hardware platforms, eg. RouterBOARD RB411.
Transmission is realized using Time-Division Duplex (TDD) technique. It is an algorithm which ensures no
medium access collisions and which precisely controls bandwidth allocation to both link sides. Communication is divided
into time windows, which in alternate manner enforce transmission by only one link side at the same time. User can choose "up and "down" throughput setting for maximal usage of aggregate throughput.
- radio frequency selection in range of 4.9GHz - 6.1GHz with 5MHz step
- 4 channel widths: 5Mhz, 10MHz, 20MHz, 40MHz
- automatic selection of modulation, transmit power and radio frame length
- automatic AES-CCMP encryption of transmission
- interactive WWW interface
- console interface available through SSH protocol
- works as a fully transparent Ethernet bridge
- supports management through VLAN
- STP (IEEE 802.11D) support
- fully translated to English and Polish
RadioOS supports IEEE 802.11a radio modules based on Atheros chipsets. In particular, it can work
- AR5414 - eg. Ubiquiti XR5, UB5
- AR5213 - eg. Wistron CM9, Ubiquiti SR5
Link performance is highly dependent on quality of antenna. It is recommended to use products of renown vendors,
like TetraAnt, MTI, Mars, etc.
Measured performance of RadioOS Prime system installed on RB411AH platform.
| Eth throughput
|| FTP throughput
Installation and registration manual.
Sold as this item license is only for one side, you need 2 devices do setup bridge connection. Firmware is available from RadioOS website , in this place is generated license also. You need buy and get registering key from our company, generate hardware key from board with RadioOS and after registering both generate license. Without license software works without radio interface.
NOTE: registering key is sent by mail only to address correspond with customer data in our online-shop address.
This firmware work only as TRANSPARENT BRIDGE, without any routing features this time. And don't work with any other radio. Screenshots from frimware website you can find on